Last December 2007, my friend approached me to invest in Public Mutual Unit Trust. I was impressed to hear the return or dividend was surprisingly huge last year. I have heard that institution is well-known in managing fund efficiently. They still hold no.1 favourite unit trust investment in
My Goal in 2008
Here’s what I think about my investment in 2008 – to flush at least RM1200 for subsequent investment or about RM100 a month. So at the end of the year, I should have RM2200 in it (without adding the interest).
Strategy or action plan to achieve my goal
- I plan to do automatic direct debit from my PUBLIC BANK saving account. By doing that, I don’t have to worry to save some for investment.
- My other strategy is to save RM100 per month from my monthly salary. That is about 7% of my salary. It should be no problem for me at all but this option is slow and takes 12 month to achieve my goal.
- I’ll be expecting to get some consolation from my employer (I’m not entitled to get bonus since I was a contract staff last year). I will channel it into this fund. So, if I got other extra money from other sources, I will put some of it into this investment.
- I trimmed my existing budget and add RM100 as an investment. I don’t have to worry about how to find an extra money.
I will continue to put RM100 per month or RM1200 per year over the next 10 years. I may not be able to enjoy that RM100 every month for other purpose but I’m glad to see my money grows in a long period of time.
Lastly, I wish that my investment in this fund will run on the right track and I hope that my plans and strategies will perform well to achieve my goal.
What people say about Public Mutual Fund.
- Nadlique wrote about his investment in PUBLIC MUTUAL
- Tongkat Ali of Life gives good reasons of investing in Public Mutual.
- Eugene Tan wrote on Grow your wealth with public mutual.