Britney Spears according to the article I’ve read, has helped US economy indirectly especially in entertainment and media industries. From her personal life stories to her selling albums, it seems that money streams in and it benefits the people, the media, and the company.
“In the days after the Britney Spears soap opera rode a police-escorted gurney to its apex, celeb-mag sales spiked, traffic jammed gossip Web sites, tabloid TV ratings rose and paparazzi photo prices surged.”
Here’s some notable point that people gained profit out of Britney Spears’ fame and popularity in 2007.
- Britney Spears helped about 1% increase to $2.39 billion overall newsstand sales for magazine; Star, Us Weekly, and In Touch Weekly.
- Jive Records grabs RM 400 million profits from album since 1999 – 83 millions copies so far.
- Elizabeth Arden has made $100 million for fragrances product in the name of Spears.
promoters and concert venues received $150 million. Tours
- Britney Spears brought in $75 million the media, sales increased 33%.
- Publisher Tom Morrisy said Spears drives newsstand sales and helped the magazine’s ad revenue more than double to $51 million in 2007.
- US Weekly Magazine has put Britney Spears more than 60% of its cover throughout the year.
- People Magazine posted Britney Spears photo on its cover 10 times in 15 months.
- Exclusive shot of Britney Spears can be sold up to RM10 000. Even Angelia’s only gets half of the price according to X17′s
- Last year, Britney Spears name in search engines escalated 60% and ‘Pieces of Me’ lyric search has gain top ranking.
- Britney Spears is popular with the superstar singer of Baby One More Time. Read the profile of Britney Spears.