This is very important cause cloth diaper is reusable type, so we need to wash it in order to use it back. What is the best method to wash the cloth diaper?, Which detergent should i choose?, Do i need to sorting out cloth diaper before wash?, and what others info that i need to know regarding washing cloth diaper. All this kind of questions come out when i first time bought cloth diaper. And the best part, Hubby ckp’ huda xksh ker washing cloth diaper ni early morning if Amirul berak.’and what i answered him’ xper yayang, as long as dpt jimat, Amirul tak complaint, huda ok jer. sayang gak yayang kt huda ek.. takut huda penat yer’
What is the best method to wash cloth diaper. There is no best method how to wash cloth diaper but generally :
Flush solid waste away. Some people use disposable liners inside cloth diapers to make this easier.
Put diapers in a pail half-filled with a mixture of water and 1/4 cup of vinegar or Borax, to control odor and to make stain removal easier. If you will be washing them frequently, you can also put them in a dry pail.
Soak diapers until you are ready to wash them, then drain excess liquid into the toilet. If necessary, use your spin cycle to help remove the soaking solution.
Wash your diapers in hot water.
Double-rinse in cold water ‘ add some vinegar to the second rinse cycle, to help freshen the diapers.
Check for stubborn stains before putting the diapers in the dryer; if you catch them before they set, you will be able to remove them more easily.
Dry the diapers on high heat in your dryer, or in direct sunlight if you like.
- New Cloth Diaper need to be pre-wash first and how many times needed depend on the instructions. Normally the cloth diaper packages will include wash instructions and minimum is 1 times wash.
- I will put all the cloth diapers inside laundry bag and wash it.
- I will soak all dirty Cloth Diaper under running water and drain it to make sure all the excess water gone. After drain it, i just hang on my toilet sink and wait until its half dry. Then i just throw into dry pile and wait until 3 / 4 CDs in pile or when my dry pile full, then i will wash it. To save the electricity bill actually. huhuh
- When the washing day come, i just put all the dirty diaper inside laundry bag, put half cup of detergent and wash.
- Finished washing and hang it under direct sunlight. Easy.