So i think, now is the perfect time for me to conceive again; Amirul now 18months. Besides physical and mental preparation, foods also the main factor to consider. What is the foods that recommended before get pregnant, do i need to take supplement/vitamins, is there any foods that prohibited if i would like to conceive. Many questions come across my mind. Again !!!!
- Fruit and vegetables – these can be fresh, frozen, tinned, dried or a glass of juice. Aim for at least five portions a day.
- Carbohydrate foods such as bread, pasta, rice and potatoes.
- Protein such as lean meat and chicken, fish, eggs and pulses (beans and lentils).
- Fish, at least twice a week, including some oily fish, but don’t have more than two portions of oily fish a week. This includes fresh tuna (not canned tuna, which does not count as oily fish), mackerel, sardines and trout.
- Dairy foods such as milk, cheese and yoghurt, which contain calcium.
- Iron rich foods, such as red meat, pulses, dried fruit, bread, green vegetables and fortified breakfast cereals, to build up your resources of iron in preparation for pregnancy.
- Foods that may have high levels of listeria, such as pate and soft cheesesvitamin
- Supplements and foods, such as liver, containing the retinol form of vitamin A, which can harm the developing baby (the beta-carotene form of vitamin A is safe during pregnancy)
- Too much oily fish that may contain high levels of mercury and pollutants -
- Current advice is to limit yourself to two portions a week peanuts, if your family has a history of asthma, hay fever or eczema
- Excessive amounts of alcohol,
- Consuming too much caffeine
- Using drugs inappropriately
- Folic Acid – 0.4mg or 400 micrograms (mcg) folic acid supplement every day.body needs folate to manufacture new cells and genetic material , reduce the risk of their baby developing an NTD
- Calcium – prevent a new mother from losing her own bone density as the fetus uses the mineral for bone growth
Note : Healthy foods – i seldom eat veggie and drink less water
Food prohibited – semua pn aku xmakan
Supplement/vitamins – folic acid : i’ve took on and off.. afetr this kena consistent la
– calcium : from dairy products