Talking about surveying and review of breast pump in the market, it’s really made me feel confuse and hesitate, which breast pump is the best and worth every cent that i would spend. Of course everyone of us want the best because the price of the breastpump is not cheap. Mencecah ratusan ringgit and some ribuan ringgit.huhuh
According to my breast feeding wishlist, I’m looking for Spectra 3 or Medela Harmony. However after reviewing and surveying process, I had short listed to Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump and Medela Freestyle Hand-free Breast pump.Both pumps have their own competitive advantage. I don’t want to do comparative debate of each pump, and claimed this breast pump is good, and that breast pump is better. Instead of doing that, I think it’s better that I’m sharing about things that we should consider when buying a breast pump. Before buying a breast pump, what things that we should consider :
- Is your work required you travel frequently ?? – If yes, you need light weight pump or pump that have car adapter where you can pump while driving ; eg : Medela, Spectra 3
- Are you most of the time busy at work and no ‘take 5′ rest – If yes, you need double breastpump to save your time. eg : Medela Freestyle, Spectra 3, Ameda Purely Yours,
- Does your bos give 1/2hrs break for pumping ?? If yes, you can choose to use manual pump or single electric pump. eg: Avent ISIS, SafetyPlus, Medela Harmony & Swing
- Manual – Use the strength of the hand or arm muscles for single pumping. Not recommended for heavy duty pumper.
- Electric pump – Operated using electricity or batteries or plug in your car; Medela, Ameda, Spectra, Mamivac
- Single pump – Having a cup to collect milk that sits on one breast at a time; Medela Swing, Safety Plus
- Double pump – Have double pump extracts milk from both breasts simultaneously; Spectra 3, Ameda Purely Yours, Medela PISA & Freestyle, Mamivac
- Used Pump – You have to considered about health issues that may rise after using the pump, how long the pump had being used in the past, maybe if you still insist on used pump, you shall consider changing few of spare parts,
- New Pump – Compare the price, buy in-store or online, warranty, after-sales-service
You can read here, where mummies sharing about their breast pump.
Read on tips on picking the right breast pump for you by Dr Sears