Entering 35 weeks of pregnancy, baby tightening often and its make me really uncomfortable. There is one day where he/she tighten for almost 2hours and I really thought I’ll be given birth anytime. While waiting for Mr Hubby from office, I’m practising all the breathing technique that i googled earlier plus lay down on sofa in deliver baby position. Don’t get laughed when you read this post as myself also feel so funny when Mr Hubby reached and opened the sliding door looking at me with frown and weired face. With frown and weird face he asked me ” What are you doing?? ” My answer ” Baby tightening for 2hours already and now I’m preparing myself if I will give birth anytime” .. uhuksss
5minutes later, the contractions disappear and no more back pain. I’ve googled what is this symptom called and what is the meaning of this contractions. Here is few info on Braxton Hicks contractions :
What is Braxton Hicks .
Its a tightening in the muscles of uterus that comes and goes which is painless. Some claimed that is preparation to real labour contractions.
What the different between Braxton Hicks and real labour contractions
Real labour contractions
- Longer as well as more regular
- Painful and steadily increase in strength
- Contractions keep continue despite movement or changing positions
- Its start in the lower back and move to the front of the abdomen
Braxton Hicks contractions
- Unpredictable and non-rhythmic.
- Its may stop when you walk or rest, or may even stop if you change positions
- Contractions are usually only felt in the front of the abdomen or pelvic region
What you should do to relief the uncomfortable feel of Braxton Hicks
- Take a walk
- Lay down, get some sleep or rest.
- Relax, take a deep breath
- Drink water