My iPod battery had remaining 20% before it completely became useless, as it usually drained out quicker when I play games. So I tried to keep my cool down and pushed away my hatred of waiting. Playing games on iPod was the only way to keep my sanity.
To kill a time before I got any news from the nurse, I touched the Call Of Duty: Zombie War icon again on my iPod. Things became more frustrated when I couldn’t make a breakthrough for Level 13. I always stuck, trapped and got eaten by zombies at Level 12.
At Serdang Hospital, I was surrounded by many anxious husbands and fathers. Their face wore all the same look; Tired and fear, and their eyes were reddening, as well as mine. I felt more comfortable when doing back and forth, rather than sitting numbly with the dead iPod in my hand.
When I think about my family financial needs, a thousand kind of worrisome came to me like a torrent of rain. Is it enough to put my children in warm bed with my current salary? How much money do we have to dig to get a decent living? Could our saving goals be accomplished when our new baby came?
I thought about what should I do for the next 48 hours. I opened up aNote in my iPod and wrote:
- Register my baby name – After a lot of discussions and talks, we agreed that we named our child Fahri Hakim for boy, and Widad Safiyyah for girl
- Open up SSPN account ..just like my first baby.
- Setup College Education Fund or Higher Education Saving Scheme. – Contributing small amount to her education fund from now would be much easier for her to pursue her studies in future. I had several college education providers for nominations in my head.
- Review Family Budget – The baby expenses would be inevitably increased. Some expenses like my pocket money, shopping expenses, and other unnecessary expenses, had to be reviewed. The baby first, others second.
- Read more books - Although I hate reading parenting and baby book (I’m so into fiction), that not a reason for me not to read one. I should look from a good angle that reading them would uncover the deep understanding about the baby growth and behavior.
At that very moment, there were two things that drove my motivation in finding extra money; A new Android smartphone and my family. With the second baby, the diapers would be flipping into double figure, the groceries could be multiplied by three, and the babysitter fee would be certainly twice than before.
After long hours of waiting, my wife finally approached me, and woke me up while I was sleeping on the chair. My eyes refreshed by her look, she’s so beautiful even her tummy size was 13 cm in advance. I hope my baby will take after her. I wish all my children would resemble her beauty and kindness.
“We have to go to Kajang Hospital” “What? No! That place is a zoo, not a hospital.”
“Serdang and Putrajaya are fully utilized. We don’t really have a choice right now,” said my wife. I felt her voice shaking, wanted to tell me how much she hated that hospital.