Sooner or later, the government will eventually remove the subsidies that we have enjoyed for all these years. For the next several years or several decades, we have to face our own battle of surviving without much helps from them.
I was so full of rage when I heard the report presented by Idris Jala, that Malaysia will be a BANKRUPT COUNTRY in 2019, if the government didn’t take prudent actions about the expenses leaking such as subsidies.
I still believe that the government of Malaysia works in mysterious and secretive ways, which they didn’t 100% transparently announced what they are doing.
And when they mismanaged the country and have no money, they listed out all the things they have done to Rakyat. They said that they gave too much to their citizens. They blamed us, that we didn’t appreciate the subsidies.
When the debts outpaced the income by a lighting year, they looked back the deficit and reorganized the public spending.
So tell me, how they sniff the government goes bankrupt at the first place. Is it because of subsidies alone? Or is it government has spent too much on bad investments?
Thinking in macro makes you angrier with your own regulator of the country, so I proceed to look into my own household economy.
Now lets think if the government take away our subsidies (and they will), we should be prepared for the high rises in the consumer items price. Like a smack landed on your left ear, how you should react?:
- Take charge on your money and start saving. I suggest this is the easiest way to contain your valuable money. Stay with the maximum amount that you can save from your salary. Say at least 10% if you can. As for me, I can only save RM100 per month.
- Expand The Sources of Income. Sit and list down all the things you can do and what you can’t do. Focus to the things that you can do. Comb your skills everyday and that skills give you money. Start to looking for online opportunities or set up a home-based business. As for me, I’m selling small at eBay and develop my writing skill.
- Eat Less Food, Malaysian!!. When all the consumable items is increased, all we have to do is eat less. Tell your partner to cook not too delicious to prevent temptation of eating 2 plates of rice for dinner. Four of every 10 Malaysian are overweight. Hope that the high price will result lower our food consumption. As for me, I ask my wife to limit our food consumption.
- Cut Your Credit Card in two pieces. Since the government introduced tax imposement on credit card, we should be aware that using credit card debt can make you go bankrupt. Stop swiping your card before you are being declared legally insolvent.
- Lower Your Standard of Living. This is the hardest part. Even I refuse let go of my lifestyle. But this suggestion is at least not impossible to do. Changing the lifestyle can’t be done within overnight. It can eat years to cope with the new lower one.
- Reformat Your Mind. Let’s reset our mind for not to fall for buying temptation. Avoid looking at juicy advertisement and cool fashion. Here’s how to do it.
If you feel the government play unfair game with us, you are not alone. We all felt the same. There’s no time to question back “Why BN Goverment? Why?”, just do preparation for the worst to come. This time, go put your power of vote to other party for the next Malaysia General Election.