The Baby Hatch has been introduced in Malaysia. Yes. Another step, I shall say giant step, toward higher society; to make our country a better place. The statistic showed that dumping the babies cases are surprisingly increasing every year, where 407 babies were abandoned throughout 2005 to 2008.
We should expect decrease in numbers of abandoned babies for the next year when The Baby Hatch has extended its landing gear, establishing its operation for good.
ORPHANCare is an NGO charity organization which offers stability for abandoned babies. They provide several small spaces, somewhat incubators, for a person to put babies at provided locations. Now, unprepared mothers can officially or anonymously hand over the unwanted babies. The mother can choose whether or not to sign registration form.
We, as the people of Malaysia, should be proud and give good appraisal to the one who spark a solution for the abandoned baby thing. Many advantages we can get from the baby hatch:
(1) It will reduce the number of abandoned babies dramatically.
(2) The rate of infant mortality will increases. [via indexmundi]
(3) The willing parents now are able to choose more babies for adoption? A lot of cute unwanted babies. (Just like choosing your t-shirt at J-Card Day)
(4) A Change For Better Life. [via thestar]
(5) Malaysia as efficient as developed countries in handling abandoned babies issues.
But then I look and read again the baby hatch articles, the surprising overall statistics, and rethink on the issues of teenagers these days.
When I try to stand from Islamic angle, I see things different. I changed my mind and I am strictly opposing of what our beloved Datuk Shahrizat Abdul Jalil has introduced.
The act of taking care of abandoned baby is, indeed, very noble and charitable. No doubt about it. But when we have buried one problem, another hole appears on our land. I see that we resolved the problems aroused with short-term method.
The baby hatch is one example. When we have buried the problem of abandoned child, a new and complicated problem is coming on our way.
I think the hatch is a really, really, bad idea. In the a long term, another problems emerge on our Islamic society, which give us nightmare and bad image as an Islamic country.
So, why it is a bad idea:
Encourage People To Do Premarital Sex.
- I always know, in my mind, that someday we will be just like the people in the west, where premarital sex is a common practice among Malaysian. Although our religion has taught us adultery is a deadly sin, yet we ignore it. And Indirectly, the baby hatch may contribute to the increasing rate of premarital sex, fornication, zina, or whatever you want to call it, especially among teenagers because they don’t worry about the consequences. We have baby hatch. We can throw our non-marital baby over there.
Increasing the number of Non-Marital Children.
- The people look back on their shoulder and see worrying numbers of non-marital chidren or anak luar nikah is climbing a ladder steadily. I realized that our marriage constitution is falling apart that divorces below 5 years has became a common trend among our local artists and celebrities
- We have seen how Japan embraced Westernization where they’re transforming every aspect in their life, from laws to religions, and everything in between. We have seen Turkey had corrupted their own religion by worshiping the secularism idea. The Baby Hatch is the preliminary step into the future of modernization, where religion requirement seen as an obsolete and dusty, morality is a minor issues, and modernization is the sacred of the highest truth.
Insulting the section 317 of the Penal Code.
- MyArticlesUnite has brought issues regarding penal code where if you intentionally abandon a child below age of 12. The parent of the child could get 7 years of living life as a prisoner.
Some of us blessed The Hatch with applauds, and some of us don’t. I’m one of the concerned publics who thinks Baby Hatch is a very bad idea. I’ve read several articles that don’t agree with the baby hatch. I hope the government heard our voice that it only brings disaster rather than solution.