Tomorrow is the 1st of Ramadhan. Alhamdulillah, to date I still nursing Widad even my breast milk started to show reducing. However, I always think positively. If my breast milk productions is reducing, its mean Widad do not drink much. My breast milk productions is proportional to Widad’s demand. This is how I’m thinking and how I managed my stress whenever I saw others mummy managed to pump 60z – 10 oz per session.
Breastfeeding and Fasting related questions:
- Do I have enough milk supply for Widad?? Insya Allah, its depend on our intentions. Allah will ease our intentions. So far, Alhamdulillah I managed to make EBM stocks for pass 3months if suddenly my daily EBM reduced
- What are the foods that recommended to provide more energy during fasting time? After some research and googled, here some foods that recommended to provide energy and increase breast milk productions ; dates, oats, alfafa, honey, green leaves vegetables
- Eventho, nursing mother were given rukhsah to not fasting, but I still want to perform fasting like I was carrying Amirul and Widad
- Does my breast milk nutrient will be less if I’m fasting?? The answer is NO. Here is the explanation and study done to proof that fasting do not affect breast milk nutrient
- Do I need to drink plenty of water ?? The answer is YES. You need to drink plenty of water during iftar and sahur to avoid our body become dehydrated. Other than that, you can add more fruits and vegetables.
Tips for Breastfeeding during Ramadhan
- Eat nutritious foods.
- Drink more water and eat more dates during sahur and iftar
- Eat more fruits and vegie
- Increase nursing session during night time and don’t forget to pump
- Have usual pumping session and do not skip during day time
Note : Selamat Menyambut Ramadhan Al Mubarak. Semoga dipermudahkan segala urusan yang kita lakukan. Amin
Note: Do share your breastfeeding experiences during Ramadhan.