Photo By: Matsuyuki
1. Finally I found a peace of mind when my baby girl sleeps easily, 15 minutes top, after being wrapped up with swaddling cloth. Fuuhhhh, what a relief!
2. Her age has almost reached 6 months. She often, almost everyday, unable to sleep easily. I had tried several techniques that I’ve got from relatives, friends, and internet. All failed, but there only one method that can make my baby girl periodically suspends her consciousness very easy ; swaddle.
3. I have practiced the most common remedies to make your baby sleep;  Feed a baby to sleep  Use pacifier  Use Cradle  Driving around and put the baby on car seat.
4. None of the above would make her yawning and sleep.
5. Most of article said, “when a baby is crying, don’t take it personally. That’s just the way the baby is. They can’t speak, so they cry”. But I take it personally. The reason is I can’t stand the pressure of the crying, after I did everything to sooth out my baby. The stress hit like a tonne of bricks falling on my head.
6. I’ve no problem to look after my baby. I’m very good at it. And my second baby should be easy as I’ve an experience of nursing a baby with my first child, Amirul.
7. However, it feels so different with my second child. She is a lot more aggressive than Amirul. When I hug her, she always put her weight down on my wrist as if she’s searching for something, her toys maybe. Her legs are kicking all the time when she’s in supine position, and she enrages me with a burst of crying when I’m just about 10 cm away from her. So when I found out the swaddling is the solution, I feel a great relief flowing through my skin, and continue reading Lifehacker.
8. I think my baby feels warm, tight and secure when she get swaddled. That’s why she can fall asleep easily, as fast as 10 minutes. But for the first five minutes, she would cry at the top of her lungs, trying to pop out her buried hand inside the swaddling cloth. You will get discouraged by that noise at first. Don’t be. The crying will fade away, followed by peaceful silence.
9. Lastly, here’s a video for those who don’t know how to swaddle a baby. I have steps of my own to wrap up my baby, however, transforming her body into a cocoon that make her sleep with a smile.