Photo by : tifotter
If YES, that you are a working mother with toddlers and no maid, I would like to share tips and tricks perhaps useful for you in managing your house, children and enjoy your ME time as well
HOUSEKEEPING / ORGANIZING
Clothes – I do my laundry twice a week except for children’s school uniforms
Tips & Tricks :
- Sorting clothes before laundry . Sort clothing by washing method, color and type of fabric [Small&big/ dark colour & white colour/ cotton & silk]
- Laundering the bra/panties/tudung into mesh zipper bag. Use ‘quick wash’ instead of ‘fuzzy’
- Soak Amirul’s school uniform in small pile and wash before sleep
- Folding Clothes – I’m using basket system like this or you can try hanging system
- Ironing Clothes – Once a week . Plan the whole week office attire and consider if the top cover the pockets of the pants? If yes, just skip the upper portion of your slacks
 Clean and tidiness -
- Daily : Sweep the floor after kids go to bed. Mr Hubby bring kids to bed I’m cleaning the living room,
- Weekly : Vacuum / Mop / Toilet Cleaning
- Children’s Toys : Do ask your kids to help you keeping the toys back into the toy’s basket, or asked them to put the toys into his/her ‘favorites bag’. Buy 2-in-1 storage box. Mine can use as storage box and stool
- Trash: Make a habit to clean your dustbin every night before go to sleep and put infront of front door. The moment you step out the door, you will accidentally stepped on your garbage that you put yesterday and automatically pick up trash for the trash thrown out
- Kitchen : Wash all the dishes after meal. Compulsory with no exception. So that there will be no unwashed dishes left in the sink
FOODS / EATING/ KITCHEN CHORES
Instant foods is not recommended but if you are working, foods preparation is very time consuming. What i normally do is marinate the chicken and put in freezer, before I go to work, just place the the chicken at chiller compartment and by the time I’m coming back the chicken already defrost. Place the chicken on the pan and roasted it. EASY, QUICK, HEALTHY. The only vegie that available in my fridge are carrot and mushroom. Just steam or fry with no oil. We eat rice only on weekend. Instead of eating rice we opt for mee/spaghetti. With a lot of frozen foods like sausages, chicken ball, nugget, crab finger, you name it, all in my fridge. Don’t fry with oil the sausages/nuggets etc, put in your fying pan put in slow heat and leave it wait until cook.
While waiting your foods to be ready, you can have you children-parent quality time like asking what they did at school, watching tv , play together.
We have foods heaven only on weekend either at MIL’s house or dining at fancy restaurant. MIL always says, eat like a beggar during weekdays and like a king during weekend.. huhuh
I’m doing the cooking, Mr Hubby do the cleaning.
- Eating time : 8 – 830pm. Normally we eat very light dinner because they already eaten at school. Mee/rice. Both Amirul and widad is really simple
- Sleeping time : 830 – 9pm – Ready to sleep. Daddy will bring Widad to sleep , Amirul still have time either to belajar/watching cartoon/play games. Amirul sleeps 10pm.
- Play time :
Yeay now house is clean, kids is sleeping. Mummy and daddy can have Me time. Now My Hubby plays guitar and I updating this post.