Amirul already 4 years old last Feb. A brother who Widad can depend on and most of the times, they are good fighting friend. Alhamdulillah, Amirul speech development getting better, I understands what he says and same goes to the stranger. Although, there are still misunderstanding what he is saying and our understanding, each day Amirul never let us down. He comes back from school and starts counting 123, singing ABC song, recite doa.
According to Babycentre, at age of 4, Amirul should :
- Master potty training – Yes, he is now diaper free during day time either awake or asleep at school. Now need to find time to teach him diaper free at night. Read Amirul diaper-free Journey here
- Overcome separation anxiety - I can say 50/50. He still need me/ Mr Hubby around him whenever he is in with new environment. But he can make new friend within 15minutes starts with smiling, exchanging toys and there he goes, run happily with new friends
- Increased skill at doing things for himself, such as dressing, washing, and brushing his own teeth – He bathe, brushing teeth, dressing up, go the toilet, choose clothes and sleep himself
- Uses sentences of six or more words - He talks, he sings, we happy. I don’t expect him to talk like an adult with correct pronunciation and grammar. He started his speech therapy last year and within that time, he shows positive improvement which me and Mr Hubby really satisfied. Why do we should ask for more when Amirul talking and singing happily infront of us.
- Shy, introvert, soft spoken – Whenever you hear Amirul talks, rase cam xnak marah jer, very soft spoken , everything he will ask for permission; Mummy nak watch TV bleh, Mummy nak main Ipad beh, Mummy, abang nak pakai baju Ben
- Mealtime – This is the most hatred time for Amirul and me. He do not enjoy foods as much as Widad does. He is picky eater. He want Mummy to feed him. Menyuap baru nk makan banyak, kalu tak 5 suap nasik dah xmo
- Sleep time - He sleeps around 10pm after 15minutes of youtube, 15minutes of Ipad, 15minutes of revision, 5 minutes of bedtime story. .