For new buyer, I understand what it feels like. You feel doubt, insecure, and troublesome when it comes to buying online. The thing that plays into your mind is that whether the seller is genuine or not? Everyone have a feeling of disgust if we find out that we’ve been cheated all along the transaction. The frustration is unbearable you don’t want to do anything online anymore. Then, you drive to Midvalley Megamall to buy nice, only to find out there’s a crowd you to have to kill, slash, and burn. It only makes it worse. In the end, you’re unable to satisfy yourself because the one that looking for is only available online.
You have conflict in your soul: To buy or not to buy online. Will my order arrive in good condition. What if I transferred money into a seller’s Maybank account and then disappeared like the wind blows?
Here’s some steps, tricks, and tips that will ease your pain away.
1. Join or sign up as a user
2. Click buy or place bid on the item that you intend to purchase.
3. And wait for the item to end. BuyItNow item will be ended immediately as soon as you clicked the item.
4. Contact seller to receive invoice.
5. Make payment via Paypal or bank transfers, the most two widely used method in transaction.
I don’t need to explain a lot. Watch this video:
Read in-depth explanation on eBay:
Warning: Here are things needed to be careful.
1. The Item. 2. And the description. In an online marketplace, you have to be careful with item described. Sometimes the information will maneuver you over the positive thing about the item.
Your urge of buying intention suddenly burn with information that you considered it useful, plus, it is way much cheaper than any other seller at physical shop have to offer. By then, it influences your decision. Without thinking: Click. Pay. Done.
But, you forget to read at the end of the paragraph that saying : ‘the item may not working properly’ or ‘may be used for parts’ or ‘mock up item’.
Now you feel what I’ve felt a long time ago, that suicide may be the next best course of action.
Ask A LOT OF QUESTION. Be an annoying person for a while: ask the seller questions, High Definition photos, or even videos about the item, because you are about to make a critical decision right now. Watch the video above again and again to make deeper understandings.
3. Genuine seller. The most recommended criteria to look when analyzing your seller is feedback. It is agreeable to buy from PowerSeller because they pay more to be at a premium level. and by that, they really mean business. they have no time to be a scam idiot, sell invisible items and cash out money in a day. But assume that if there’s no PowerSeller offer the item you really want. Then you have to know as much as possible who the seller really is, what’s his feedback, DSR rating, and comments from past buyer.
Tips and tricks
1. The stars: 10 and 4.3
-The sellers on eBay should have at least 10 feedbacks. If they’re so damn lazy, they should have at least 4.3 DSR seller’s rate. Read about Feedback and Detailed Seller Ratings for further understanding.
2. The information is trustworthy and sincere. If the description is short and pithy, doesn’t mean the seller wants to take your away your money and give you nothing in return. The seller maybe too lazy to write or have something else doing other than eBay (like working a day job maybe). Make sure the photo they upload is original. Means that even the photos are ugly, they’re at least not a ripped-off from some website.
But the more description, the more tendency for buyer to make the purchase, right?
3. Feedback history: What made the past controls the future. Read the feedback history of the seller. Read carefully. From now on, you can picture what are the seller’s behaviors really look like from the past buyer’s perspectives. The history should convince you in buying the item. If it satisfies you, then you should go for purchasing without a doubt.
4. Urge to use Paypal instead. If it possible, please ask the seller to use PayPal as a tool of transaction. It will be much more safer. PayPal has offered Buyer Protection Policy so you can do purchasing with security.
5. Follow your heart. Don’t buy if you really have a big doubt in your heart. The good buyer follows the tips, advices, and recommendations. The great buyer follows his/her heart. Even when the seller is good with feedback, 9999 stars, the item is so hot with affordable price, and you have extra cash to burn, but when you have a hole heart about this thing. Don’t buy that bag!!! Or don’t buy that item. Period. Full stop.
6. Collect feedback star as a buyer. Some sellers are refused to sell the item if the buyer feedbacks are low, especially when it comes to large amount. Make sure that you have at least 10 stars so can convince seller to sell your favorite items.
Last Words. Buying online is as same as buying a shopping complex. Of course, you don’t want to buy a cloth at a strange premise where the seller have a large, decayed teeth and smile in an evil way like he wants to eat you. In online world, you have to be careful when choosing the item. Gain knowledge about buying online. Know your seller. And good luck in hunting online.